Founded in 1991 with the goal of being a student-centered university and a leading university in terms of student placement, Konyang University is a distinguished university with an employment rate for graduates of more than 90% each year.
With an advanced education system emphasizing foreign language and IT education, Konyang University opens up a new chapter in cultivating global talents through its partnerships with 38 sister universities in 10 countries.
For meeting the demands of internationalization, cultivating global leaders and laying the groundwork for the growing power of the next generation, the Global Communication College (GCC) was specially founded for the development and training in foreign languages. The College fosters foreign-language learning by providing the opportunity to study and live with foreign students, stimulating extensive two-way communication. And the new chapter of cultivating the real global talents can be opened up by elevating job-performance and ability to perform on the spot.
For students, a "Student-centered university"
- Put free health medical examination for all the students of the university into effect in the first 4 years.
- Provides Responsible occupational guidance. (The only Korean university which runs a career education and special career clinic.)
- Provides Free busses to Daejeon, Buyeo, Gongju, Chonju, Iksan, Ganggyeong.
- Provides dormitory for all the freshman applicants. (capacity of 2,400 students)
Evaluated as an "excellent university" in various university evaluations
- 2005~2008 “Top of the nation for its size in employment rate for 4 years” (Ministry of Education, Science and Technology)
- Designated as an “Excellent University in University Overall Evaluation,” 2007(Korean University Conference)
- Designated as “Best University in Study Field Evaluation,”2007 (Korean University Conference)
- Designated as “New University for Regional Innovation (NURI),” 2006(Ministry Of Education, Science and Technology)
"Global University" developing with the world
- Extension of sister-university relationships with excellent universities abroad.
- Academic 3+1 and 2+2 study-abroad programs (All students, majoring in a foreign language department spend one or two years studying abroad).
- Annual overseas cultural experience program to cultivate global standard talents,
"Corporate University," a response to society's needs
- Corporate curriculum
- Concentration on the field of IT and TOEIC education
- Use of various study systems (e.g., peer tutor system, faculty tutoring, learning on Saturday)
- ‘Mentor advising professors system’ (employment responsibility system)
University with thorough education in the humanities
Humanities education to all the students of the university
Benefits to foreign students
- Enrolled students from sister universities can get a 50% discount on tuition and entrance fee
- Priority on dormitory occupancy
- Exemption from thesis and graduation exam for students who pass TOPIK4
- 10% additional tuition exemption for outstanding students